To protect patients, staff and visitors from the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), the following visitor restrictions are now in place at MultiCare Covington Medical Center:
Hospital visitor screening
All visitors to our hospitals will be screened at the entrances. A staff member will take the visitor’s temperature and ask the following screening questions:
- Do you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or symptoms of a common cold or flu?
- Have you had contact with someone suspected or confirmed to have novel coronavirus (COVID-19)?
If the answer is “yes” to either of these questions, you will not be allowed to enter the facility. We will also encourage you to contact your primary care provider or use our free Virtual Care e-visit service.
If you have an appointment at an outpatient clinic in our hospital building, you will also be screened before you can enter. If you have a temperature or answer is “yes” to either of the screening questions, you will not be allowed to enter for your appointment, and we will ask that you contact their clinic for further instructions.
Other hospital visitor restrictions including Family Birth Center
- Visiting hours will be restricted to 8am - 8pm
- We strongly encourage all patients and visitors to wear their own masks to our facilities for use during their visit. We will provide masks to those arriving without them.
- Only one caregiver or support person is allowed for each patient, each day (patients 17 and under are allowed one parent or caregiver at a time, or two in a 24-hour period).
- No visitors 17 years of age or younger will be allowed unless they are patients.
- Visitors will be issued a wristband for the day to help identify them to our staff.
- No visitors will be allowed for patients with suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 (patients 17 and under are allowed one parent or caregiver in a 24-hour period).
- Only one caregiver or support person will be allowed to accompany patients arriving for surgery or procedures.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter through the Emergency Department unless they are accompanying an emergency patient.
- Only one visitor is allowed to accompany emergency patients or patients with outpatient clinic appointments.
- If visitors are not at the hospital to receive care or to visit a patient, they will not be allowed to enter.
Valet parking service
During this time, we will not offer our normal valet parking service at our hospitals. However, staff members will be available at hospital entrances to direct you to parking locations.