The MultiCare Health System Credentialing Office is compliant with The Joint Commission credentialing standards (TJC) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), meeting credentialing standards for hospitals and health plans. This provides comprehensive health care practitioner credentialing services to MultiCare Hospitals and Clinics.
- Simplify the credentialing process – health care practitioners submit only one Washington Practitioners Applications (WPA) when applying to one or multiple MultiCare entities at initial appointment or reappointment.
- Eliminate duplication of credentialing application and verification processes previously performed by each individual entity.
- Standardize the credentialing process throughout the MultiCare Health System.
- Efficiently store and manage practitioner credentialing information for all entities in one centralized database.
- Tacoma General & Allenmore Hospital
- Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital
- Auburn Medical Center
- Good Samaritan Hospital
Scope of Service
- Collect and process applications for initial appointment, reappointment and additional privileges for all credentialed practitioners.
- Obtain primary source verification (verifying all elements of application directly with the source such as medical school, residency program, previous hospitals, licensing board and any other required source).
- Identify and investigate red flags found during the credentialing process.
- Maintain credentialing database.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and verification of license, malpractice insurance, DEA certification and board certification for all applicable practitioners.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of sanctions or disciplinary actions such as licensure or Medicare/Medicaid sanctions.
- Maintain active and archived credentialing files.
- Provide and maintain online verification of MultiCare Health System membership and privileges for other organizations.
- Perform delegated credentialing for health plans.
- Assist in preparation and participation in credentialing portion of accreditation and regulatory surveys at contracted entities.