What is a Reappointment?
Reappointment is the process of re-evaluating a practitioner’s current competency after they have been appointed to the medical staff or professional staff at an MHS entity.
- MultiCare Health System Credentialing Office Staff will send each practitioner a reappointment packet approximately six months prior to their reappointment expiration.
- Practitioners need to complete the reappointment form, checking whether the demographic information currently in our database is correct and completing new disclosure questions.
- Practitioners also must complete a new privilege form indicating the privileges they want to perform upon reappointment. Documentation required for any requested privileges must be submitted with the reappointment packet.
- MultiCare Health System Credentialing Office staff processes each practitioner’s reappointment paperwork upon receipt.
- A practitioner’s reappointment must be approved by the MHS entities Board of Directors prior to the expiration of the initial appointment or previous reappointment.
- MHS reappoints each practitioner every 24 months via a schedule based on their birth month. Some practitioners may be reappointed in less than 24 months depending on their initial approval date in relation to their birth month.
Submit completed reappointment credentialing application with all required supporting documentation to:
MultiCare Health System
315 Martin Luther King Jr Way
Tacoma, WA 98405
Email: [email protected]
Contact Information for Reappointments
Auburn Medical Staff Office: Phone: 253-545-2510
Good Samaritan Medical Staff Office: Phone: 253-697-1910
Tacoma General/Allenmore/Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital: Phone: 253-403-1085