MultiCare Deaconess/Valley Hospital - Breastfeeding - Virtual Class
Like any new skill, breastfeeding takes knowledge and practice to be successful. Our Breastfeeding Classes are taught by our Nurses who are also IBCLC's (International Board Certified Lactation Consultants). They have over 50 years of combined years assisting mother's during Labor, Delivery and the Post Partum period. They are dedicated to assisting mom's and babies learning how to breastfeed and understand that it can be difficult at times, but when it all comes together it is a wonderful experience for both.
Topic we will cover: Skin to Skin (The Golden Hour), 5 Keys to a good latch, how to recognize infant hunger cues and what they are, returning to work- when to start pumping for transition back to work, possible complications and difficulties in the early days of breastfeeding, use of pacifiers and answer any questions you have.
This Class is 'Mom's Only', if you would like to attend a class with your support person, there are other classes available that will also touch on breastfeeding.
Our childbirth classes have been created for our Inland Northwest MultiCare families as we partner with you during your birthing experience.
**All participants will be emailed a link before the class begin
800 w. 5th ave, 2nd Floor Maternity Center, 2nd Floor Maternity Center, 2nd Floor Maternity Center, 2nd Floor Maternity Center, 2nd Floor Maternity Center, 2nd Floor Maternity Center
2nd Floor Maternity Center
Spokane, WA 99204
- Apr17MultiCare Deaconess/Valley Hospital - Preparing for Childbirth - Virtual Class
- Apr18MultiCare Deaconess/Valley Hospital - Preparing for Childbirth (Un-medicated) - Virtual Class
- Apr20MultiCare Deaconess/Valley Hospital - Life With Baby - Virtual Class
- Apr25MultiCare Deaconess/Valley Hopsital - Daddy 101 - Virtual Class
- May15MultiCare Deaconess/Valley Hospital - Breastfeeding - Virtual Class