Urology services at MultiCare Deaconess Hospital focus on the urinary tract, including the bladder and kidneys, of both men and women, as well as the male reproductive organs.
- Brachytherapy (Radioactive seed implantation) is the temporary or permanent implantation of radioactive seeds to kill cancer. It is often used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Diagnostic Testing for urinary tract disease includes X-rays with and without dye, ultrasound and laboratory tests such as urinalysis or blood tests to determine kidney function.
- Dialysis uses a machine to remove impurities from the blood when the kidneys are not functioning as they should. Deaconess offers acute dialysis for people who are in the hospital for other treatments.
- Greenlight Procedure uses a special laser to remove excess tissue to stop a blockage in the prostate.
- Neobladder Procedure fashions a new bladder to be used for the elimination of urine when cancer or other diseases prevents normal flow through normal channels. This procedure eliminates the need for an external pouch.
- Lithotripsy is the treatment for stones in the kidney and urinary tract. It uses sound waves to break the stones into pieces small enough to pass through the urinary system.
- Surgery, including bladder suspension for leakage, removal of tumors or reduction in the size of the prostate