To help keep our patients, visitors and staff safe and to help stop the spread of COVID-19, MultiCare Deaconess Hospital has established visitor restrictions.
We will be screening all patients and visitors at our hospitals and clinics.
Hospitals (including clinics located inside our hospital buildings)
- Our hospitals may close some entrances. The hours these entrances are open may also be different than normal.
- All hospital visitors will be screened at the entrances. A staff member will take temperatures and ask these screening questions:
- Do you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or symptoms of a common cold or flu?
- Have you had contact with someone suspected or confirmed to have novel coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- If the answer is “yes” to either question, you will not be allowed to enter the facility. We will encourage you to contact your primary care provider or use our free Virtual Care e-visit service (www.multicare.org/virtualcare). If you have an appointment at a clinic located inside the hospital and cannot enter, we will ask you to contact your clinic for instructions.
Outpatient Clinics (Not in hospital buildings)
- Our clinics and appointment schedulers will ask you the same screening questions about symptoms and COVID-19 exposure that our hospitals do when you call. (see questions above).
- If you can answer “yes” to either question, please contact your clinic to get instructions before you come to your appointment.
- If you do come to the clinic, we will screen all patients and visitors there, and we may take temperatures as well.
- Patients who can answer “yes” to either screening question at the clinic will be given a mask to wear. If you refuse to wear the mask, the clinic will ask you to leave.
- Any visitor who has a temperature and can answer “yes” to either screening question will not be allowed in the clinic.
Visitor Restrictions at MultiCare Hospitals and Clinics
Valet parking service
Currently, we are not offering our normal hospital valet parking service. However, staff members will be available at hospital entrances to direct you to parking locations.
Thank you. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. For more information, visit our COVID-19 Resource Center.
Access will be limited through the following locations:
- Deaconess Hospital main lobby
- Deaconess Health and Education Center main lobby
- Deaconess Hospital Emergency Department
- Deaconess Hospital Admitting and Registration entrance
The skybridge between the Deaconess Medical Office Building and Deaconess Hospital will be limited to staff only. No patients or visitors will be permitted.