MultiCare Patient Transfer Center is a standard process for patient transfers and direct admits for our hospitals in the Puget Sound region in order to improve patient safety and satisfaction, provide a better experience for providers, and to create a more seamless process for patients, families and providers.
1.Transferring/admitting providers or facilities will call one of two numbers:
- MultiCare Puget Sound Region Patient Transfer Center for adult patients:
- MultiCare Puget Sound Region Mary Bridge Patient Transfer Center for pediatric patients:
2. These numbers are answered 24/7 by dedicated RN staff.
3. Patient Transfer Center RN discusses patient needs with sending provider/hospital to acquire all necessary information.
4. RN ends call with sending provider then calls/pages relevant receiving physician. It is anticipated that the receiving physician will be able to return calls/pages in less than 5 minutes.
5. Receiving physician responds to call/page and Patient Transfer Center RN coordinates a conference call between sending and receiving entities for physician-to-physician hand-off.
6. Once a transfer decision has been made the Patient Transfer Center RN confirms transfer location to sending provider/hospital, and notifies the receiving hospital that the patient is coming.
MultiCare Patient Transfer Center should be used for any direct admit or acute transfer patient in the Puget Sound region who meets the following criteria:
Exceptions: During the first phase of implementation, the following patients will not fall under the scope of the MultiCare Patient Transfer Center process:
Gail Reed, RN, MSN-Interim Director, MHS Patient Transfer Center, [email protected] or 253-876-8311