The Role of Employee Health in Pre-Employment Screening:
All new employees are required to have an Employee Health screening prior to their start date. Screening includes Health Evaluation forms as well as immunity screening. Our immunity requirements are based on CDC guidelines and State law. They vary based on your role at MultiCare. Please be aware that all MHS employees are required to have an annual seasonal Influenza vaccination, regardless of role.
Please read the following information carefully so you are prepared for your appointment. You will also receive detailed information about your Employee Health visit in your Confirmation and Reminder emails once you and your Recruiter set up your Employee Health appointment.
What you should bring:
- Your completed Employee Health forms. A link to the forms will be available in your Employee Health appointment confirmation email.
- In the interest of good stewardship and keeping overall costs down, we thank you in advance for your effort in obtaining previous immunization records.
- Past immunization records or shot records from previous employers, schools, health care organizations and doctors.
- Any laboratory testing that would prove immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (chicken pox) and Hepatitis B.
- If you have a history of past positive TB status, bring all documentation available at the time of this appointment.
- If there are gaps in your documentation, Employee Health will re-test or vaccinate you with no cost to you.
What we will do at this appointment:
- A comprehensive review of all documents you have provided.
- Color vision test (for most staff)
- You may be required to provide a Medical Clearance for a current or past history of disease, illness or injury that could interfere with your ability to do the job you are hired to do.
- Please plan to spend approximately 20-30 minutes: initially with Employee Health staff, and then most people will get blood drawn in the Lab near our office.
Questions about the Employee Health Screen?
Please feel free to contact Employee Health with questions about this appointment. Be aware that we do NOT schedule your appointment, scheduling is done by your Recruiting team. The best way to reach us with questions is via email.
Employee Health Services
314 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Suite 8
Tacoma WA 98415
Open Monday thru Friday from 7am to 3:30pm
Closed weekends and holidays