Future Thinking: Communication Tools to Help Guide your Teen Towards Increased Responsibility and Independence - Parent class
February 8, 2020 (Saturday), 9:00AM - 1:00PM
This course is for parents, caregivers, educators, and therapists who work with children, approaching or in their teens. This course addresses these children’s need for support and guidance learning the life skills essential for successful employment, higher education, and increased independence. This course will provide an introduction to the receptive, expressive, and social language capabilities needed to be successful in today’s adult world. This course will also include tips and techniques to improve these essential communication skills so you can help your teenager learn and practice before reaching adulthood.
- Participants will learn signs of impaired communication skills
- Participants will learn a variety of communication skills that are necessary for improved responsibility and independence
- Participants will learn how to measure strengths and weaknesses of your child’s communication skills
- Participants will learn ways to support and maintain quality communication with your child through the process of growing independence
- Participants will learn the WH’s of Future Thinking (what, when, why)
- Participants will learn tools to help guide Future Thinking
Saturday, February 8, 2020
Registration is 8:45am - 9:00am. Class begins at 9:00 am PROMPTLY 2/8/20 (Saturday). Come early to sign in please.
Cost:$100 - Professional Rate $50 - Parent Rate (some scholarship available upon request)
Mary Bridge Children’s Therapy
402 5th AVE SE
Puyallup, WA 98372
Mail to:Mary Bridge Children's Therapy 402 15th AVE SE Puyallup, WA 98372 fax: 253-697-5145 email: [email protected]
Sheri St. John, MA CCC-SLP, is a graduate of Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan and has been a Speech Language Pathologist for 10 years. She has worked at the Mary Bridge Children’s Therapy Unit for over 7 years. In addition, she has worked in the schools, nursing homes, and in-home health and has a wide range of experience with adults and children. She has extensive training working with children with developmental delays, including ASD, ADHA, Down’s Syndrome, voice problems, reading/writing comprehension, and social language delays. She has worked with patients from 12 months-90 years old, with a primary focus on our adolescent population. Sheryl has been a U.S. Navy Corpsman and pharmacy technician, and a nurse, in her former life.
This course is for parents, caregivers, educators, and therapists who work with children, approaching or in their teens. Class size is limited to 40 participants
Mary Bridge Children's Therapy
402 15th AVE SE
Puyallup, WA 98372