icon-alert-triangle

COVID-19 Vaccine Updates

COVID-19 vaccine appointments are available at multiple MultiCare locations. Visit our vaccine page for information on how to schedule an appointment.

History

Your community hospital since 1929

1929,Allenmore Hospital is originally founded as Washington Minor Hospital in,downtown Tacoma’s Washington Building. Allenmore Hospital is built in the,current location in 1966, expands to a second floor in 1975 and joins MultiCare in 1989.

MultiCare Allenmore Hospital has served the Tacoma community since 1929, when it opened its doors as the  Washington Minor Hospital. The hospital served patients from the Washington Building on Pacific Avenue for a year before relocating to the Medical Arts Building in 1930.

Washington Minor Hospital was renamed Medical Arts Hospital in 1955. In1966, the hospital moved to its final location near South 19th Street and Union Avenue in Tacoma, and became Allenmore Hospital and Medical Center.

Allenmore Hospital was acquired by Humana in 1978, and a few years later was renamed, yet again, to Humana Tacoma Hospital

In 1989 MultiCare — then known as MultiCare Medical Center — acquired Humana Tacoma Hospital and restored the Allenmore name.