Emergency Department Expansion
Emergency Services at MultiCare Allenmore Hospital
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Not sure what level of care you need? Learn more about where to seek care.
Allenmore Hospital does not have a family birth center. If you arrive to the Emergency Department in labor, you will be evaluated and transferred to the closest hospital with a birth center.
MultiCare Allenmore Hospital’s Expanded Emergency Department is Now Open
The new Emergency Department totals approximately 14,600 square feet, and is designed to improve overall patient flow. The space includes an updated waiting room/lobby, as well as a separate ambulance and walk-in patient entrance.
We’ve nearly doubled our treatment space, with 15 new treatment rooms added to the eight already-existing rooms. This expansion allows us to treat an additional 10,000 patients per year. The new treatment spaces include:
- Two trauma bays
- Results pending lounge with 8 patient bays
- One seclusion & 4 Safe Treatment Rooms
- One room that supports bariatric patients
- A decontamination room/shower room
- Increased equipment and supply storage space
- Separate EMS/Police entry and drop-off
- Enhanced mechanical heating and cooling systems
- Security improvements
Allenmore Hospital is a Level 4 Trauma Center
- This is a 3-year designation from the Washington State Department of Health
- Provides evaluation, stabilization, and diagnostic capabilities for injured patients
- Incorporates a comprehensive quality assessment program
To access the Emergency Department, please use the South 19th Street entrance. For most other hospital services, please use the entrance on S. Union Ave.
Our commitment to safe care
At MultiCare, the safety of our patients and employees is our highest priority. Every day, we routinely care for patients with serious illnesses, including contagious diseases like COVID-19, while protecting the health of our other patients.
While COVID-19 is new to us all, caring for patients safely is not. Click here to see how safe care is delivered at MultiCare.