EPFM application Pprocess
EPFM will accept applications through ERAS for first-year residents. Upon receipt of a file, a preliminary review will be conducted to evaluate the applicant’s academic fitness.
Minimum elements for an application include:
- Three letters of reference (at least two are required for the preliminary review)
- Medical school transcript
- Dean’s letter (not required for the preliminary application review, but the letter is required at the time of the interview)
- Personal statement
- COMLEX or USMLE transcript. We do not publicize minimum USMLE/COMLEX scores.
- Applicants should have graduated from medical school or be actively practicing medicine within 2 years of starting residency.
- Applicants should have failed no more than one USMLE/COMLEX attempt.
Interviews will be scheduled based on the needs of the applicant and the program. The interview day includes tours of the clinic and hospital, a meeting with the program director and other faculty, an introduction to Puyallup, and a discussion about the curriculum, minimum job requirements, and pay and benefits.
Applicants are not expected to bring any additional documentation or materials to the interview. All relevant information should be submitted through ERAS.
The residency office can be reached at (253) 697-5757. Melissa Yeager is our Residency Coordinator and is responsible for recruiting, coordinating applicants, and scheduling interviews. She can also answer questions related to the application process.
International Graduates Please Note: Our parent hospital does not sponsor visas. Your ERAS application must be complete, including all of the above documentation as well as verification of passing the USMLE Step II-CS examination and verification of current certification by the ECFMG in order to be pre-screened by faculty.
Applicants who have not received ECFMG certification by the deadline for submission of the program ranking list will not be listed for our program.