MultiCare Center for Healthy Living and Pierce County Gets Fit works with numerous programs that offer a wide range of nutrition ideas, services and resources throughout Pierce County.
- Ready, Get, Go! 5210 - A community-based initiative in Pierce County to promote healthy lifestyle choices for children, youth, and families. Ready, Set, Go! 5210 aims to improve health in Pierce County making healthy changes where people live, learn, work, and play.
- Smoking Cessation - MultiCare offers a free web-based tobacco cessation workshop to help you quit tobacco for good.
- Nutrition Services - MultiCare Center for Healthy Living Registered Dietitians offer several nutrition services and packages for weight management, wellness, and sports nutrition.
- DPP - Diabetes Prevention Program - The YMCA Diabetes Prevention program provides a supportive environment where participants work together in a small group to learn about healthier eating and increasing their physical activity in order to reduce their risk for developing diabetes. The program, which is led by a trained Lifestyle Coach in a classroom setting, is delivered over a 12-month period, beginning with 16 weekly sessions followed by monthly maintenance. For more information, contact Susan Buell at 253-460-8912.
- Actively Changing Together - ACT! is a 12-week program for youth 8-14 years and their parents promoting healthy nutrition, activity and lifestyles developed in partnership with providers and professionals at Seattle Children's Hospital and the Y of Greater Seattle. The ACT! Program appeals to children and parents alike by providing engaging, fun and unique activities. By actively changing together, parents and kids can learn how to healthy lifestyle habits as a family. Specially trained Y staff offer guidance and encouragement for eating well, playing often and preventing health conditions associated with being overweight. For more information, contact Susan Buell at 253-460-8912.