We offer a level of care you might typically expect to find in large, university-based hospitals – thanks in part to our extensive team of cancer specialists. You benefit from the expertise of South Puget Sound’s top doctors, some of whom are nationally recognized. You also receive care from specialists who make your cancer care journey a little easier. Working together, we deliver the care you need and the support you deserve.
The Cancer Care Team at MultiCare Regional Cancer Center
As a community cancer center, MultiCare Regional Cancer Center helps you get more cancer treatments and services without traveling great distances. In addition to delivering the latest cancer treatments, we provide helpful services that allow you to focus on healing.
Highlights of our program include:
- Highly skilled team: Many of our physicians completed additional training (fellowships) in areas such as medical oncology, surgery and cancer genetics. This level of training translates to precise care that better meets your needs.
- Complete care: Our cancer primary care physician helps you manage other medical conditions you may have, including diabetes, to keep your cancer treatments moving forward.
- Support: Our cancer psychologist is here to help you through any emotional challenges you may be facing, including anxiety and depression. Support services also include day-to-day assistance from nurse navigators and social workers. Read more about cancer support services.
- Uncommon expertise: We are the only cancer center in the region whose team includes a nationally recognized cardio-oncologist. These capabilities allow us to protect your heart against the side effects of certain cancer treatments. Get more information about cardio-oncology.
Easy Access to Cancer Care at MultiCare
When facing a cancer diagnosis, it’s natural to have questions, and we help you get answers as quickly as possible. We often see new patients in as little as two business days. And with locations throughout the region, you won’t need to travel great distances. See our cancer center locations.
Meet Our Cancer Care Team
An oncologist is specialist in treating cancer and manages a patient’s care throughout the course of the disease from diagnosis through survivorship. A patient may have one or more oncologists as part of their care team throughout their treatment.
Our experts come together on a regular basis in meetings called tumor boards where we coordinate all the services and treatments you need. But we don’t stop there. We are in constant communication with each other both in person and by phone helping you receive exceptional care.
- A medical oncologist treats cancer using chemotherapy or other methods such as immunotherapy. Find a provider.
- A radiation oncologist treats cancer using one of the many techniques that are categorized as radiation therapy. Find a provider.
- A breast surgeon removes the tumor in the breast and any necessary surrounding tissues and may perform diagnostic procedures such as biopsies. Find a provider.
- A gynecologic oncologist specializes in treating gynecologic cancers such as uterine, ovarian and cervical cancers and is board-certified in both gynecology and oncology. Find a provider.
- A hematologist-oncologist diagnoses and treats blood cancers, such as leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma. Find a provider.
Other cancer care team roles include:
- Oncology nurse navigator
- Oncology social worker
- Oncology nurse
- Oncology pharmacist
- Oncology psychologist
- Genetic counselors
- Oncology primary care physician
- Spiritual care team
For more information or to request an appointment, please call us at 253-403-6399 or complete our appointment request form.