MultiCare Regional Cancer Center offers a level of care you might expect to find in large, university-based hospitals, including the latest cancer treatments and clinical trials. When you come to MultiCare, you have access to teams of specialists with experience treating common and complex types of cancer. These capabilities place us among the region’s leading cancer centers.
MultiCare Regional Cancer Center: Why Choose Us?
MultiCare is a community cancer center, offering more of the expertise and treatments you need close to home. We have a successful track record of delivering some of today’s most promising cancer treatments. Our commitment to safe care that meets your unique needs has helped us earn national recognition.
Highlights of our program include:
- Early access to new technologies: We were the South Puget Sound’s first cancer program to offer the CyberKnife® Radiosurgery System. This system delivers high doses of radiation with pinpoint accuracy. Read more out more about radiation therapy.
- Pioneering treatments: We were the first cancer center in the South Puget Sound performing hysterectomies (a treatment for gynecologic cancer) with robotic-assisted surgery. The surgeon carries out the procedure using robotic “arms” allowing for precise movements that preserve more healthy tissue. Find out more about cancer surgery.
- Exceptional breast cancer care: Our commitment to delivering the highest level of breast cancer care has helped us earn recognition from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. You benefit from the latest advances in breast cancer screening and treatment giving you the best chances for good results. Learn more about breast cancer.
- National recognition: The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) has recognized MultiCare with its Accreditation Program for Excellence (APEx®) designation. We hold ourselves to the highest care standards helping us to become the first cancer program in Western Washington earning this prestigious award.
Partnership with the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
We are the only South Puget Sound cancer program affiliated with the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. This alliance of Seattle’s leading cancer programs gives you access to additional care options, including stem cell transplants for leukemia.
Read more about our partnership with the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
Types of Cancer We Treat
Many of our doctors completed additional training (fellowships) in specific types of cancer. Our team also includes doctors with decades of cancer care experience. We work together to help you get the best possible care. Meet our cancer care team.
Types of cancer we frequently treat include:
- Brain tumors: We offer the latest brain tumor treatments, including CyberKnife® radiosurgery. Our team includes some of the South Puget Sound’s most skilled and experienced neurosurgeons. Get more information about brain tumors.
- Breast cancer: We are an American College of Radiology® Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. We offer the latest screening technologies, including 3D mammography (tomosynthesis). If there is cancer, our dedicated breast surgeons remove it and can advise you about breast reconstruction. Learn more about breast cancer.
- Colorectal cancer: Screening tests, such as colonoscopy, allow us to catch the early signs of cancer so you have the best chances of becoming cancer free. We also offer virtual colonoscopy for people who cannot have the traditional test. Find out more about colorectal cancer.
- Lung cancer: We were one of the first programs in Washington using low-dose computed tomography (CT) scans to detect the early signs of lung cancer. We treat a high volume of lung cancer so you can trust us to deliver the care that meets your unique needs. Learn more about lung cancer.
- Gynecologic cancer: Our team includes some of the most experienced gynecologic cancer doctors (oncologists) in the South Puget Sound. They have decades of experience treating cancers of the cervix, uterus or ovaries. Your care may include innovative treatments, such as a hysterectomy using robotic-assisted surgery. Read more about gynecologic cancer.
- Urologic cancer: MultiCare is home to a urologist specializing in cancers affecting the urologic system, including kidney cancer and prostate cancer. We use minimally invasive procedures to remove the cancer with small incisions and sophisticated instruments. This technique allows us to spare more healthy tissue and lowers your risk of complications. Find out more about kidney cancer and prostate cancer.
For more information or to request an appointment, please call us at 253-403-6399 or complete our appointment request form.