At MultiCare Regional Cancer Center, we do everything possible to help you receive care close to home. For rare and complex cancers, additional options are available through our partnership with the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. We are the largest affiliate of the Alliance, giving you easy access to groundbreaking cancer treatments.
About the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Since 1998, the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) has been helping community-based cancer programs such as ours bring scientific discoveries to patients as quickly as possible.
SCCA ranks among the country’s leading cancer programs and represents doctors, researchers and other specialists from:
How Our Participation in SCCA Benefits You
Our partnership with SCCA helps you get the most out of your cancer care journey through:
- National and international clinical trials: SCCA is the only National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Center in the Pacific Northwest. This designation means you have access to national clinical trials that are only available in select centers.
- Collaboration: Working alongside SCCA experts helps us get up to speed quickly when using new devices, such as SAVI SCOUT® for breast cancer. This tiny device pinpoints the location of the cancer, allowing our breast surgeons to accurately access and remove it. Find out more about breast cancer.
- Medical education: World-renowned experts from SCCA share their knowledge with MultiCare’s cancer team through ongoing education programs. This information helps you receive care that reflects the latest cancer research findings. These efforts are a two-way street, as our cardio-oncology expert also provides education to SCCA on how to care for cancer patients who are at risk for heart problems. Find out more about cardio-oncology.
World-Class Cancer Care at SCCA
SCCA offers treatment options and a level of expertise that are at the leading edge of cancer care:
- A first-of-its-kind immunotherapy clinic: Immunotherapy uses your own immune system to get fight cancer cells. SCCA’s dedicated immunotherapy clinic explores new immunotherapy techniques that are helping people with difficult-to-treat cancers become cancer-free.
- Internationally recognized blood cancer experts: SCCA experts are transforming the lives of people with leukemia and other blood cancers. Treatment options include bone marrow transplants, stem cell transplants and an innovative form of radiation therapy (radioimmunotherapy).
SCCA and Your Treatment
When you are living with a cancer diagnosis, the idea of seeking care or recommendations outside of your community can seem overwhelming. We make this process easier on you and your family by sharing important details about your care with SCCA whenever necessary.
After your initial visit with us, our team helps you weigh all of your options so you can make decisions you feel good about.
- In most cases, you will receive all your cancer care at a MultiCare location.
- If it makes sense for you to receive care directly from SCCA, you may have the option to continue receiving care at MultiCare with occasional visits to SCCA. For example, you may choose to receive a portion of your care, such as radiation therapy or clinical trials, through SCCA and the rest of your care with us.
For more information about MultiCare Cancer Regional Center request an appointment by calling 253-403-6399
or completing our appointment request form