It’s natural to feel overwhelmed when you receive a cancer diagnosis. But at MultiCare, a helping hand is always within reach. Our nurse navigators support every patient throughout his or her cancer care journey.
Cancer Nurse Navigators at MultiCare Regional Cancer Center
Nurse navigators are cancer (oncology) nurses who specialize in guiding patients through the many steps of cancer treatment and survivorship.
Highlights of our nurse navigator team include:
- Expertise: All of our navigators have been working with cancer patients for years. This level of experience means we are better able to anticipate your needs and connect you with information and services precisely when you need them.
- Additional support before starting treatment: Nurse navigators are available at all MultiCare cancer center locations. Many of our navigators have special cancer (oncology) certification, which helps us provide you with the extra support you need.
- Personalized care: We get to know you as a person, which includes learning about your cancer care preferences. We share this information with other team members as necessary, such as during tumor board meetings. As a result, you receive care that’s consistent with your wishes. Read more about tumor boards.
How Our Cancer Nurse Navigators Help You Have a Good Experience
From making appointments to lending a caring ear, our nurse navigators do everything possible to keep your cancer treatment moving forward.
Communication with our nurse navigators is a two-way street:
- You can call any time you have a question or concern.
- We may call you between appointments to see how you are doing.
Whether in person or by phone, our nurse navigators help you have a good experience by:
- Explaining the diagnosis
- Helping you understand how your different specialists work together
- Helping you find your way to each of the steps that need to take place on your cancer journey
- Coordinating procedures, specialist visits and treatments
- Arranging additional services, such as blood tests or integrative therapies for cancer
- Providing emotional support when you feel overwhelmed
- Connecting you with other specialists, including our cancer social worker, psychologist, or dietitian as well as cancer support services
For more information or to request an appointment, please call us at 253-403-6399
or complete our appointment request form