Cancer and the side effects of cancer treatment can make everyday tasks, such as shopping or bathing, difficult. With cancer rehabilitation services from MultiCare Regional Cancer Center, there’s hope. We deliver personalized care and offer a broad range of therapies to help you live the best possible quality of life.
Cancer Rehabilitation at MultiCare: Why Choose Us?
MultiCare expertly delivers rehabilitation services that help you stay connected to your life during your cancer care journey. Our therapists get to know you as a person. Together, we establish goals around the activities that matter most to you, such as walking without assistance. We then guide you through personalized therapy programs to achieve them.
Highlights of our program include:
- Timely care: Our doctors and nurses catch the early signs of complications so you can start rehabilitation as soon as possible. Therapy may also prevent complications from happening in the first place. For example, physical therapy can help you maintain more of your strength during chemotherapy.
- Specialized therapy: We offer options that are not widely available in the South Puget Sound, such as vestibular therapy for balance problems. Many of our therapists hold certification in areas such as lymphedema therapy. This treatment eases buildups of fluid so you can start feeling like your old self again.
- Coordination: At MultiCare, you receive treatment, therapy and support services in one program. We take care of all the details so you can focus on feeling better. We meet on a regular basis through tumor boards to coordinate every step of your care journey. Read more about tumor boards.
Our Cancer Rehabilitation Services
You receive care from licensed therapists with years of experience working with cancer patients. We understand the challenges you are facing as well as the best ways to overcome them.
Your care may include:
- Physical therapy: Our therapists increase your activity level, so you can get back to daily activities while staying safe and comfortable. Find out more about physical therapy.
- Occupational therapy: If cancer or side effects of cancer treatment are making it difficult to take care of yourself, we can help. Your care may include new techniques for dressing, eating and interacting with loved ones.
- Speech therapy: We help you overcome problems with speaking and swallowing that may arise from cancer or treatment. Therapies can help you communicate with ease and safely eat solid food again. Read more about speech and language therapy.
Additional Cancer Rehabilitation Services Available at MultiCare
We offer additional therapies for lasting relief for nagging problems.
These services include:
- Lymphedema therapy: Lymph is a fluid that carries white blood cells throughout the body. Cancer may cause buildup of lymph (called lymphedema), leaving you with sensations of tight skin in the affected area. Our certified lymphedema therapists help you get much-needed relief. Learn more about our lymphedema rehabilitation clinic.
- Pelvic floor therapy and continence training: For cancers affecting the bladder, including ovarian and bladder cancer, we help you avoid accidents. We can teach you exercises to strengthen the group of muscles that control the bladder (pelvic floor). With continence training, we teach you techniques for sensing when your bladder is getting full so that you can find a bathroom in time.
- Vestibular therapy: If cancer leaves you with dizziness or balance problems, vestibular therapy can help. This treatment includes exercises to retrain the brain so you can feel steady on your feet again. Our team includes a certified vestibular therapist and others with years of experience delivering this treatment. Learn more about our vestibular and balance clinic.
Our Cancer Rehabilitation Locations
Rehabilitation services are available at:
For more information or to request an appointment, please call us at 253-403-6399
or complete our appointment request form