Living with cancer can bring new challenges to your life, and MultiCare Regional Cancer Center is here to help. We offer information, support and services that make your life a little easier so you can focus on healing.
Cancer Support Services at MultiCare Regional Cancer Center
Cancer support services from MultiCare help you feel strong, confident and comfortable throughout your cancer care journey. You can request support at any time. If you are experiencing a challenge and don’t know where to turn, our nurse navigators and social workers listen carefully before recommending helpful services.
These services may include:
- Emotional support: If you are experiencing anxiety, depression or difficulty sleeping (insomnia), we have a cancer psychologist who understands what you are going through. We may be able to get you an appointment in as little as one business day.
- Home health services: We may be able to provide you with additional assistance at home. Our services include nurses who check on you after surgery and other specialists who perform light housework. These services require a doctor’s order. Read more about MultiCare at Home.
- Integrative services: We help you find comfort and get pain relief with nonmedical treatments such as acupuncture and massage. Learn more about integrative services for cancer.
- Nutritional counseling: Cancer treatment can make eating difficult. Our registered oncology dieticians develop a personalized nutrition plan based on what you like to eat and what you need to thrive.
- Palliative care: We offer a range of treatments to help improve your quality of life while receiving cancer treatment. Each of our oncology clinics have specially-trained palliative care providers who can help you figure out ways to lessen the symptoms you might be having as a result of your cancer. Other services such as aromatherapy are available to patients in the cancer center outpatient clinics and those receiving home health services or care in one of our hospitals. Read more about palliative care.
- Chaplain services: Our chaplains offer spiritual support to people of all faith backgrounds. We help patients and loved ones explore their feelings and provide counseling to help you gain peace of mind. Find out more about spiritual and pastoral care.
- Rehabilitation services: We can offer help during or after your cancer treatment to reduce the effects cancer treatment can have on your ability to use your body as you normally would so that you can live life fully. Learn more about our cancer rehabilitation services.
Cancer Social Workers at MultiCare
Our team includes licensed social workers who specialize in meeting the unique needs of cancer patients. We are here for you when you need us.
Types of assistance our social workers typically provide include:
- Coordinating transportation to and from appointments
- Recommending ways to talk with your employer or loved ones about cancer
- Lending a caring ear when you need someone to talk to
- Helping you solve practical problems, such as finding extra help at home
MultiCare Cancer Resource Centers
You and your loved ones are welcome to visit our cancer resource centers:
Both centers feature:
- Internet access and a lending library of cancer and health information materials
- A nutritional counseling program to help you stay strong
- Support for your spiritual needs through our spiritual and pastoral care services
- Access to free wigs and head coverings
- Classes and support groups to help you feel your best
Cancer Classes and Support Groups
Our classes and support groups help you thrive despite the physical and emotional challenges of living with cancer. Register for cancer classes and support groups.
Our offerings include:
- Gentle yoga: Open to people of all activity levels, this class includes a series of stretches to help you relax and get your energy back.
- Tai chi chih: We guide you through movements to awaken and balance your internal energy (chi).
- Healthy steps: This therapy and exercise program helps you feel better by increasing your physical activity level.
- Support groups: We help you find comfort by connecting you with people who share similar experiences. Our support groups include a general cancer support group as well as groups for breast cancer and prostate cancer patients.
Our team includes financial navigators who specialize in helping people manage medical bills and access financial assistance for cancer care. Find out more about financial assistance.
We can help you:
- Learn more about your insurance, including which services are covered and whether you need special approval (prior authorization) before receiving treatment
- Get answers to questions about medical bills, including out-of-pocket costs
- Find out about financial assistance options, which may include discounts and flexible payment plans
- Connect with a medication assistance coordinator to see if you qualify for free or reduced cost prescription drugs
For more information or to request an appointment, please call us at 253-403-6399
or complete our appointment request form