Physical therapy and lifestyle changes can help with joint problems, but sometimes joint replacement is the only solution to solving the problems that can come with aging, arthritic or otherwise damaged joints.
Joint Replacement at MultiCare
Each year, some of the area’s most experienced joint replacement surgeons perform thousands of joint replacement surgeries through the MultiCare Joint Replacement Program. Through our team-based approach, our surgeons work closely with your primary care doctor, as well as other specialists, to ensure that you are healthy and ready for surgery.
MultiCare’s Joint Replacement Program promises you:
- Surgical expertise. Our surgeons are joint replacement specialists who perform these complex surgeries every day. Working with you, they can evaluate your joint pain to determine if joint replacement is right for you.
- Personal Joint Coordinators. When you participate in MultiCare's Joint Replacement Program, you are assigned your own Joint Coordinator. This personal navigator will help guide you through the process of joint replacement, from pre-operative education to treatment, rehabilitation and beyond.
MultiCare’s Joint Replacement Centers
The main centers for MultiCare’s Joint Replacement Program are located at MultiCare Allenmore Hospital in Tacoma and MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup. Features of our Joint Replacement Program at these locations include:
- Hospital beds reserved specifically for joint replacement patients, which provide comfortable rest and recovery accommodations separate from each hospital’s standard medical-surgical beds.
- A dedicated nursing and support staff who provide pre- and post-surgical care to joint replacement patients.
- State-of-the-art operating rooms that offer some of the latest technologies available to make our joint replacement surgeries safer and less invasive.
Joint replacement surgeries are also performed at MultiCare Auburn Medical Center.