The INW MultiCare Regional Transfer Center is a standard process for patient transfers and direct admits for our hospitals in the Inland Northwest region in order to improve patient safety and satisfaction, provide a better experience for providers, and to create a more seamless process for patients, families and providers.
1.Referring providers or facilities will call one of two numbers:
- MultiCare Inland Northwest Regional Transfer Center for adult patients:
or Toll Free
2. These numbers are answered 24/7 by dedicated and experienced, RN staff.
3. The Transfer Center line contains a decision tree providing the option for the referring Provider to choose
emergent calls, such as a Cardiac or Stroke Activation. Utilizing this option triggers a different ring tone for
the Transfer Center RN so they are aware of the emergent request.
4. The Transfer Center connects referring Providers with the appropriate Physician on call to facilitate
consultations, or Physician to Physician report for patient acceptance.
5. The Transfer Center captures and documents medical and demographic information into the EMR.
6. The Transfer Center also works with the appropriate unit to achieve the right level of care, and a bed
assignment, for the patient.
7. Once the unit and bed assignment are confirmed, the Transfer Center will let the referring facility know the
bed assignment and the primary RNs name and contact number for nurse to nurse hand off.
MultiCare Patient Transfer Center should be used for any direct admit or acute transfer patient in the Inland Northwest region who meets the following criteria: