Breathing is often taken for granted, until one day it becomes difficult to do on your own. If you’re suffering from a condition that makes it hard to breathe, you need an expert pulmonary care team on your side.
MultiCare offers the care and treatment you need for illnesses that affect your lungs and breathing. Our pulmonary specialists treat minor to severe disorders that affect the lungs, upper respiratory airways, and chest cavity and wall.
We treat a wide range of pulmonary conditions, including:
- Adult cystic fibrosis: This genetic disease causes an abnormality in the body’s mucus glands that affects the lungs and multiple organs.
- Asthma: People with asthma have hypersensitive airways that react to certain environmental triggers, such as dust, weather, chemicals and dander.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): COPD is a chronic lung disease that makes it difficult to breathe. The two main types of COPD are chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
- Pulmonary embolism: This occurs when a blood clot breaks loose and causes a sudden blockage in a lung artery.
- Pulmonary fibrosis: Adults with this condition have lung scarring that makes it hard to breathe.
- Pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary vascular disease: When blood vessels in the lungs get blocked or can’t return oxygen-rich blood to the heart efficiently, you can develop high blood pressure or other conditions in the lungs.
- Respiratory failure: This occurs when blood can’t get enough oxygen or contains excess carbon dioxide.
- Respiratory muscle disorders: Certain conditions, including Guillain-Barré syndrome or multiple sclerosis, can cause respiratory muscle weakness that affects your breathing.
Contact Us for More Information
MultiCare pulmonary and critical care specialists can provide you with diagnostic and therapeutic options to manage your respiratory health. Find a pulmonologist
or contact the MultiCare Pulmonary Specialists clinic near you
to learn more.