The MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital, Rehab Nursing Outpatient Clinic
benefits both inpatient and outpatient in the areas of bladder, bowel
and wound management.
Good Samaritan’s Rehab Nursing Outpatient
Clinic is committed to extending our nursing expertise to provide
assessment, training and clinical support to both inpatients and
outpatients of all ages. This is NOT a physician directed clinic. The
nurses that operate the clinic are trained and certified in specialty
areas such as wound care. The primary care physician must agree to
follow each patient through their visits at the clinic and be willing to
give orders for recommended treatment regimes.
Our Nursing Clinic provides nursing expertise in the following areas:
- Urodynamic testing to assess current bladder function
- Bladder scan / Catheterization to check post void residuals
- Foley/Super pubic catheter changes on a 3-4 week schedule
- Self catheterization that includes procedure education, follow-up
visits to evaluate competency and product recommendations and obtaining
- Incontinence management to evaluate and educate regarding fluid and toileting schedules
- Bowel functioning assessment and training
- Continence product consultation to assist with condom cath application and product recommendations and obtaining supplies
- Wound Management to include initial and ongoing wound/skin
assessments of problems related to shear, pressure, immobility,
incontinence, or circulatory issues. We will provide recommendations for
wound care, dressing products, compression wraps, and other
interventions as needed, as well as assist in obtaining supplies.
- Ankle/ Brachial index to assess for appropriateness of compression wraps
Requirements for referral
- Ostomy management to include pre- surgery marking, ostomy education,
ostomy leakage and problem solving as well as product recommendations
and obtaining supplies
- Referral order form must be completed and signed by Primary care provider
- Fax a copy, of the Pre-printed Order form with the patients demographics, H & P, chart notes to 253-445-5305.
- The clinic staff will contact the patient to setup an appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the nursing clinic at 253.697.2754
or Fax 253.445.5305