Good Samaritan’s Wheelchair Seating and Mobility Clinic provides comprehensive and personalized care related to a person’s seating and positioning with their mobility device.
The clinic is staffed by a physical therapist who completes a seating and positioning assessment and makes recommendations based on a patient’s unique physical and environmental needs.
The services offered at the Wheelchair Seating and Mobility Clinic include:
- Wheelchair evaluation: Recommendations for wheelchair type and necessary components that will maximize the patient’s independence and safety with mobility.
- Posture and seating evaluation: Includes assessment of strength, balance, and range of motion to evaluate optimal postural needs to reduce fatigue, reduce risk of injury, maintain skin integrity, promote independence with use of mobility device.
- Wheelchair management: Assessment of patient positioning in current wheelchair. Fitting and adjustments of new or existing mobility device.
- Training: Maximize patient / caregiver knowledge for positioning and safely navigating a patient’s environment for the highest level of independence.
- Consultation and recommendations: Recommendations to physician, occupational therapy, speech language pathology or other providers to address postural stability, pain, fatigue, skin integrity as necessary.
Schedule an appointment:
- A referral from your physician is required and must be faxed to 253.697.5180.
- You will be contacted by a scheduler within 2 business days. If you do not hear from our scheduler, please call 253.697.7900.
- If you have selected a vendor, please contact them to inform them of your appointment time with us.