Our Institute for Learning and Development (ILD) supports a comprehensive RN Residency program. This program focuses on four foundations: clinical excellence, teamwork, commitment and resourcefulness.
- Residency positions will be posted throughout the year.
- This 14-week program is designed for new graduate nurses, RNs returning to practice or RNs interested in changing specialties.
- This is a required program for all new graduate nurses at MultiCare Health System
- Residency positions may be available in a variety of clinical areas including:
- Emergency Services
- Adult Critical Care
- Neonatal ICU
- Surgical Services
- Residency positions may be available in a variety of locations including:
- Allenmore Hospital
- Auburn Medical Center
- Covington Medical Center
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center
- Tacoma General Hospital
- This program includes both clinical and didactic training utilizing state-of-the-art simulation labs, interactive online learning, group exercises, mentors and individualized learning plans.
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program.
- Passed NCLEX and hold a current Washington State RN License.
- Eligible for hire at MultiCare Health System.
- New graduate RN, RN with less than six months of experience in acute care, or experienced RNs interested in transferring to a new specialty.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the 14-week program.
- Flexibility in scheduling during the residency program, including availability on weekends and off-shifts.
- Actively participate in all learning activities.
- Agree to work for one to two years (facility specific) following completion of the residency program.
What is available now?
To view our current residency postings, visit our Careers page and search for "Residency RN". We encourage you to register and sign in to our Jobs Database so that you can set up a Search Agent for "Residency".
MultiCare's comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental and life insurance. Additional benefits include paid time off, retirement plans, wellness benefits, career development, free parking, van pools and concierge service. Tuition reimbursement is offered for courses approved by the Tuition Assistance Committee.
For more information about the RN Residency Program at MultiCare, contact Sandi Squires, RN, at [email protected].