The Comprehensive Health & Wellness Program is an all inclusive approach to physical and psychological well-being for Eastern students.
Health-Related Phone Numbers
- Health, Wellness and Prevention Services: 509-359-4279
- Counseling and Psychological Services: 509-359-2366
- Cheney Police Department: 509-498-9235
- RAPE Crisis Line: 509-624-RAPE (7273)
- Spokane Mental Health: 509-838-4428
- EWU Student Support & Advocacy: 509-359-2291
- EWU Disability Services: 509-359-6871
- EWU Veterans Resource Center: 509-359-2461
- MultiCare Rockwood Cheney Clinic: 509-235-6151
- Students are eligible to receive clinical services through MultiCare Rockwood Clinic each quarter (fall, winter, and spring) in which they are registered for six (6) or more credits.
- MultiCare Rockwood Clinic provides a basic level of ambulatory health care services at any Rockwood Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Urgent Care location according to each site's usual and customary practice.
- Students taking less than six credits can request voluntary participation at any EWU financial services office.
- Request and payment must be received by the tenth day of each quarter.
- Summer coverage is voluntary!
- These services are not included as part of summer tuition and fees.
- Students requesting services must be registered for summer classes OR be a continuing student in the fall quarter.
- The health fee must be paid during the summer open enrollment up to the 10th day of the first session.
- Fall quarter: Student health service coverage begins the first Monday prior to the start of fall classes and ends the day before a new quarter begins.
- Winter and Spring quarters: coverage begins on the first day of class.
- Summer quarter: coverage begins the first day of the first session. (see "Eligibility" section)
- There is no lapse in coverage for continuing students.
- Please check clinic hours for holiday and weekend availability.
- Students eligible for health services must present their EWU identification card at the time of their visit to any MultiCare Rockwood Family Medicine Clinic or Urgent Care Center.
- Remember to identify yourself as an EWU student currently eligible for the health services when scheduling an appointment.
- If you are unclear about which services are covered and which are not, contact the student health clinic at 509-235-6151 during regular office hours before you receive care.
- Please review our detailed list of provided services. It is your responsibility to review and understand your coverage.
- Please note: MultiCare Rockwood Clinic does bill private insurance for expenses that are not covered under the student health plan. However, we may not be able to bill some insurances, or your health insurance provider may not allow you to be seen by a Rockwood provider.
- Some insurance plans have deductibles and copays that need to be met.
- Please contact the Rockwood Clinic location nearest you or the customer service department of your health insurance plan to discuss the status of your personal health insurance.
- EWU student health services will not pay for any emergency department or hospital visits. Any care received out of the Rockwood Clinic system is the responsibility of the student.
- Students are responsible for any outstanding charges that are not covered under the EWU Student Health Plan.
- Please contact the Health & Wellness Office at 509-359-4279 to learn more about major medical and other insurance coverage.
MultiCare Rockwood Family Medicine & Urgent Care Locations
Multiple family medicine and urgent care clinics are conveniently located for students.
No-Show and Cancellation Policy
- Appointments must be canceled or rescheduled a minimum of 24 hours prior to the appointment time.
- Students who fail to keep scheduled appointments risk reduced access to health care. A courtesy reminder will be sent after the first no-show.
- After the second no-show, a student may only access clinical services at the Cheney Rockwood Walk-in clinic or Rockwood Urgent Care for urgent medical needs for the remainder of the current quarter.
- After the third no-show, a student may only access clinical services at the Cheney Rockwood Walk-in clinic or Rockwood Urgent Care for urgent medical needs for the remainder of the current academic year.
- After the fourth no-show, a student may be discharged from all clinical services at any Rockwood Clinic for the remainder of the current academic year.
- Continued failure to keep scheduled appointments will result in permanent discharge from Rockwood Clinic.