Physiatrists are doctors who specialize in the rehabilitation of various disabling conditions with the goal of minimizing the effects of cognitive and physical impairments. The experts at the MultiCare Rockwood Physiatry Center approach patient care from a holistic view, keeping patient preferences in mind and using treatment options aimed to improve participation in life activities and quality of life.
At MultiCare Rockwood Physiatry Center, we help patients managing a wide variety of illnesses and conditions. Some of the most common conditions we can help with are related to spine/neck pain, spasticity management and rehabilitation for neurological conditions such as stroke, multiple sclerosis and brain injury.
Spine Care — Non-Surgical Management
- Diagnosis of back and neck pain
- Rehabilitation treatments:
- Identify biomechanical contributors to pain and work with therapists to correct the biomechanical defects
- Educate patient regarding their pain and facilitate patient self-management skills
- Identify appropriate selection for injections
- Medication rehabilitation
- Treatments available to treat spasticity include: oral anti-spasticity medications and chemodenervation techniques such as Botox and phenol injections
- We can help identify patients who are candidates for and will benefit from Intrathecal baclofen pump management
Neurorehabilitation: Stroke, Brain Injury, Multiple Sclerosis
- Address rehabilitation issues such as mobility, cognition, gait disturbance, difficulty with ADLs and spasticity
- We also address and manage factors that affect quality of life such as mood disturbance and pain
- To promote functional independence, we facilitate return to driving, return to work and return to community activities