Health Related Phone Numbers
- Health and Wellness Services 509-358-7740
- Counseling and Psychological Services 509-358-7740
- Campus Security 509-358-7995
- RAPE Crisis Line 509-624-RAPE (7273)
- Student Academic Support & Counseling 509-358-7740
- WSU Disability Services/Access Services 509-358-7534
- WSU-Spokane Veterans Liaison 509-358-7963
- Students are eligible to receive clinical services through Rockwood Clinic each semester (fall and spring) in which they are registered for 7 or more credits.
- Fall Semester: Fall Semester coverage begins the Monday two weeks prior to the first day of classes and continues through December 31.
- Spring Semester: Spring semester coverage begins on January 1 and continues through the week following commencement.
- Optional Summer Session: Optional summer coverage begins the Monday after commencement and continues one week after the last day of the final summer session (see "Eligibility" section)
- There is no lapse in coverage for continuing students.
- Please check clinic hours for holiday and weekend availability
- Students eligible for health services must present their WSU identification card at the time of visit to any MultiCare Rockwood Family Medicine Clinic or Urgent Care Center.
- Remember to identify yourself as a WSU student currently eligible for the health services when scheduling an appointment.
- If you are unclear about which services are covered and which are not, contact the student health clinic at 509-235-6151 or 509-755-6520 during regular office hours before you receive care.
- Review the detailed list of provided services. It is your responsibility to review and understand your coverage.
- Please note: MultiCare Rockwood Clinic does bill private insurance for expenses that are not covered under the student health plan, however, may not be able to bill some insurances or your health insurance provider may not allow you to be seen by a Rockwood provider.
- Some insurance plans have deductibles and co-pays that need to be met.
- Please contact the Rockwood Clinic location nearest you or the customer service department of your health insurance plan to discuss the status of your personal health insurance.
- WSU student health services will not pay for any emergency room or hospital visits. Any care received out of the Rockwood Clinic system is the responsibility of the student.
- Students are responsible for any outstanding charges that are not covered under the WSU Student Health Plan.
- Please contact the Health & Wellness Office at 509-358-7963 for more information on major medical and other insurance coverage.
MultiCare Rockwood Locations
Primary Care services are available at the following sites:
- Airway Heights Clinic
- Cheney Clinic
- Deer Park Clinic
- Liberty Lake Clinic
- Main Clinic
- Medical Lake Clinic
- North Clinic
- Northpointe Specialty Center
- Quail Run Clinic
- South Valley Clinic
- Valley Clinic
Urgent Care services are available at the following sites:
- Argonne Urgent Care Center
- Downtown Urgent Care Center (inside Main Clinic)
- Liberty Lake Urgent Care Center (inside Liberty Lake Clinic)
- North Urgent Care Center (inside North Clinic)
- South Hill Urgent Care Center
- Valley Urgent Care Center (inside Valley Clinic)
No-Show and Cancellation Policy
Non-covered services are the responsibility of the student. Services that are not covered under this agreement may be billed to patient's private insurance. Self-pay patients may be offered discounts for cash payment.
- Appointments must be cancelled or rescheduled a minimum of 24 hours prior to the appointment time.
- Students who fail to keep scheduled appointments risk reduced access to health care. A courtesy reminder will be sent after the first no-show.
- After the second no-show, a student may only access clinical services at the Cheney Rockwood Walk-in clinic or Rockwood Urgent Care for urgent medical needs for the remainder of the current quarter.
- After the third no-show, a student may only access clinical services at the Cheney Rockwood Walk-in clinic or Rockwood Urgent Care for urgent medical needs for the remainder of the current academic year.
- Continued failure to keep scheduled appointments will result in permanent discharge from Rockwood Clinic.
If you have a question or concern, please contact MultiCare Rockwood Student Health Services at 509-235-6151.
For more information, visit WSU-Spokane Student Health.