Inpatient Medicine Call
- Residents take call while they are on inpatient services: Family Medicine, MIS Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
- Call seniors triage admissions from the Emergency Room and assist admissions. Seniors who are on service take call during their senioring months. Each second year resident on outpatient residents takes senior call a total of 7-8 days on Thursdays and Fridays
- Call interns receive late admissions from 4:30pm to 6pm on weekdays
- Weekend call: Senior on call and intern on call alternate admissions until 6pm. Extra rounders who are not on call round on their respective panels, but do not take admissions with the exception of extra rounders on Pediatrics. On Pediatrics, interns takeadmissions on weekend days that are not on call in order to get as much pediatric experience as possible.
- TFM residents do not take 24 hour call on inpatient medicine. We have Night Float residents who manage cross-cover questions and admissions from 6pm-6am
- In R3 year, residents on NICU take 24 hour call during the rotation