Oakland School Clinic
MultiCare Health Clinic – Oakland High School is the first school-based health clinic in Tacoma, Washington. It is a collaboration between Tacoma Family Medicine and East Pierce Family Medicine residencies. The clinic serves students who attend Oakland High School and children who attend the high school’s onsite day care.
About Oakland High School:
- Oakland High School provides an alternative approach to education in a caring, student-centered climate. Individual differences are recognized, and students are provided an opportunity of independence, personal growth and problem solving.
- Students come from a wide variety of backgrounds and ethnicities.
- Students and families who need insurance can work with Communities in Schools to explore their options.
- Offers mentoring programs to set students up for success
- Offers on-site childcare to teen parents
- Tacoma Family Medicine residents staff the clinic every week with our pediatrician
- Services at the clinic include primary care, prenatal care, pediatrics, behavioral health, and chronic disease management
- We offer contraception counseling to students, and perform same-day Nexplanon insertion procedure under the supervision of our faculty