Tacoma Family Medicine (TFM) prides itself on the strength of training in inpatient and outpatient pediatrics provided to our residents. In addition to seeing pediatric patients at our outpatient clinic at TFM, we work at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, a nationally recognized children’s hospital with its own ED, pediatric ICU, and pediatric subspecialty services. Residents can expect excellent training in well child care, common illnesses and disease processes, and more complex and uncommon pathologies.
Inpatient pediatrics highlights:
- Four-week inpatient pediatrics rotations during 1st and 2nd year with inpatient hospitalists in Mary Bridge
- Four-week pediatric ED rotation during 3rd year with fellowship-trained pediatric emergency physicians
Four week NICU rotation during 3rd year in Tacoma General Hospital’s Level IV NICU, a regional center for neonatal care
Outpatient pediatrics highlights:
- Ongoing continuity pediatric clinic sessions with TFM pediatric faculty, to include care at a school-based clinic at Oakland High School.
- Two-week outpatient pediatrics rotation during 1st year, including shifts at pediatric urgent care clinics and opportunities to rotate with subspecialists
- Two-week behavioral pediatrics rotation with TFM pediatrician and behavioral health specialists during 2nd year
- Further pediatric urgent care clinic shifts during 3rd year