Kidney, Bladder and Reproductive Conditions
MultiCare Urology treats a full range of conditions that affect the kidney, bladder and reproductive systems. Some of the most common conditions that we treat include:
- Enlarged prostate — Prostate enlargement happens to almost all men as they get older. Called benign prostatic hypertrophy or hyperplasia (BPH), it is a noncancerous condition. However, as the prostate gland grows, it can press on the urethra (the tube that empties urine from the bladder) and cause urination and bladder problems. We help monitor the condition and provide men with treatment options when BPH symptoms become noticeable.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) — There can be a number of underlying causes behind ED, ranging from heart disease and high blood pressure to side effects from prescription medication. We provide a thorough diagnostic exam to make sure we treat the cause of ED, not just the symptoms.
- Kidney stones — Kidney stones are relatively common, and while they might pass on their own, some cases could require medication or surgery. Our urologists help determine what type of kidney stones patients have and provide recommendations for the best treatment options.
- Urinary incontinence — Trouble controlling urine or a sudden need to go can be caused by several factors, which our team will help determine and treat.
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) — Both men and women can develop UTIs, infections that can develop anywhere along the urinary tract, including in the bladder, kidneys, the tubes that take urine from the kidneys to the bladder or the urethra. UTIs are typically treated with antibiotics.
- Voiding dysfunction — Different from incontinence, voiding dysfunction causes trouble while going to the bathroom. Our urologists can treat this with both nonsurgical and surgical options.
Comprehensive Cancer Treatment
In addition to our robust urologic care, MultiCare’s cancer program helps people with prostate, bladder, kidney or testicular cancers by offering some of the most advanced treatment options in the area, from robotic-assisted surgery to CyberKnife radiosurgery. We also offer a seamless, multidisciplinary approach to care with the close partnership of our surgical experts and the cancer specialists at MultiCare Regional Cancer Center who help treat a full range of urological cancers.
Interested in participating in a cancer study?
Click here to view all available research studies.
Douglas Sutherland, MD, discusses percutaneous surgery and how it applies to kidney cancer.
Contact Us to Schedule an Appointment
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact one of our convenient South Sound locations or find a provider near you.
View Locations Find a Provider