The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at MultiCare Valley Hospital provides continuous monitoring and treatment for those who are critically ill. Because patients in the ICU require specialized care, visits may be interrupted or cut short based on the needs of our patients and doctors.
Although the ICU does not have scheduled visiting hours, we do appreciate quiet time for our patients between the hours of 7–8am and 7–8pm. Following our visitor guidelines helps ensure your loved one receives proper monitoring, treatment and rest:
- Visitors are limited to family members (or others specified by the patient or family).
- Patient information is only provided to known family members.
- Prior to entering the ICU, please use the phone outside of the elevator bank or the ICU double doors to inform us of your arrival.
- Only two visitors at a time are allowed at a patient's bedside unless prior arrangements have been made with the patient's nurse.
- No children under the age of 12 are allowed unless prior arrangements have been made with the patient's nurse.
- Please limit visits to 5–10 minutes each hour.
- When asked to step out of the patient’s room, please return to the visitor's lounge. This keeps our hallways clear for emergencies and protects the privacy of other patients.
- Please do not bring food or drinks into the ICU patient rooms. Also, please do not bring food items for patients without first consulting with the nurse.
- In an effort to control infection, we ask that you do not bring fresh flowers or plants into the ICU patient rooms. We do not allow latex balloons; however, non-latex balloons, cards and photos are always welcome.
Other Visitor Information
- A visitor’s lounge is located to the right of the elevator lobby on the second floor.
- Auxiliary volunteers are available Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm to assist you with any questions or directions.
- Coffee, television and phones are available for your use.
- Please take all personal items with you when you leave. We are not responsible for any items left unattended.
- Restrooms are located in the hall west of the elevators.
- Food is available in the café on the first floor.