To protect patients, staff and visitors from the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), the following visitor restrictions are now in place at MultiCare Valley Hospital:
Hospital visitor screening
All visitors to our hospitals will be screened at the entrances. A staff member will take the visitor’s temperature and ask the following screening questions:
- Do you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or symptoms of a common cold or flu?
- Have you had contact with someone suspected or confirmed to have novel coronavirus (COVID-19)?
If the answer is “yes” to either of these questions, you will not be allowed to enter the facility. We will also encourage you to contact your primary care provider or use our free Virtual Care e-visit service.
If you have an appointment at an outpatient clinic in our hospital building, you will also be screened before you can enter. If you have a temperature or answer is “yes” to either of the screening questions, you will not be allowed to enter for your appointment, and we will ask that you contact their clinic for further instructions.
Other hospital visitor restrictions
- Visiting hours will be restricted to 8am - 8pm
- Only one caregiver or support person is allowed for each patient, each day (two visitors if patients are under 17).
- No visitors 17 years of age or younger will be allowed unless they are patients.
- Visitors will be issued a wristband for the day to help identify them to our staff.
- No visitors will be allowed for patients with suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 (patients 17 and under are allowed one parent or caregiver at a time, or two in a
- 24-hour period).
- Only one caregiver or support person will be allowed to accompany patients arriving for surgery or procedures.
- No visitors will be allowed to enter through the Emergency Department unless they are accompanying an emergency patient.
- Only one visitor is allowed to accompany emergency patients or patients with outpatient clinic appointments.
- If visitors are not at the hospital to receive care or to visit a patient, they will not be allowed to enter.
Family Birth Centers, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Unit visitor restrictions
Our hospital birth center patients may have one visitor per 24-hour period. Doulas are still allowed and will not count toward their visitor count. Patients in neonatal intensive care and other pediatric units may have two visitors per 24-hour period.