We are currently looking for volunteers to fill the following positions:
Mary Bridge BRIDGES Center for Grieving Children
Mary Bridge BRIDGES Center for Grieving Children is seeking volunteers to serve as co-facilitators and hosts offering support to bereaved children and families. At BRIDGES, we believe that every family who has experienced a loss should be able to grieve in a compassionate, informed environment.
- Have time to volunteer twice a month on Monday or Wednesday nights?
- Have good listening skills?
Enjoy working with families?
- Have a desire to give back to the community?
If so, then volunteering at BRIDGES might be right for you!
- 4-day Facilitator training: Sat. 2/8, Sun. 2/9, Sat. 2/22, Sun. 2/23 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Volunteer shifts 2x/month on either Monday’s or Wednesday’s 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Groups meet at either the Mary Bridge Health Center in Tacoma or Mary Bridge Good Samaritan Children’s Therapy Unit in Puyallup
- Email [email protected] for more information
Mary Bridge's Tree House
Mary Bridge's Tree house is looking for friendly, engaging volunteers to be hosts or hostesses. Tasks may include hosting a craft, baking cookies, visiting with families, light cleaning, and providing support to staff. Positions are available Monday through Friday from 6pm to 9pm. If interested please contact Julie Hubbard, jphu[email protected]
MultiCare Hospice has a variety of opportunities for compassionate, caring volunteers:
- Patient Companionship
- Bereavement Support
- Pet Therapy
- Tuck In Calls
- Veteran Pinning Ceremonies
For more information, contact Fiona Mudgett at [email protected] or 253-301-6464.