Partner with us to provide compassionate, quality care that meets the individual needs of MultiCare Hospice patients and their families.
Hospice volunteers donate their time and talents in a variety of ways. They form an integral part of the hospice team and have a profound impact on the lives of our patients.
Following a screening process, volunteers are provided with training to enable them to work effectively in one of the following roles:
- Administrative Volunteer: Provides background support through daily office duties.
- Bereavement Volunteers: May assist counselors with administrative tasks, community events, outreach and support groups.
- Community Volunteers: Donate hand-crafted quilts or shawls for patients.
- Patient Companionship Volunteers: Provide caring, friendly support for patients in their home, and much-needed respite for caregivers.
- Pet Therapy Volunteers, along with their pre-certified animals: Provide comfort, companionship and joy for hospice patients.
- Tuck In Callers: Call patients each Thursday to establish supply needs for the weekend.
- Veteran Volunteers: Assist with pinning ceremonies and/or visit patient veterans.
- Vigil Volunteers: Provide a soothing, compassionate presence for patients who do not want to die alone.
In a small amount of time, you can make a big difference!
For more information, contact Fiona Mudgett at 253-301-6464 or [email protected].