Choosing the right partner to help you on your weight-loss journey can be a challenge.
What makes our programs different?
MultiCare's Bariatric Surgery program combines the expertise of certified bariatric surgery professionals with a compassionate and supportive environment. We offer:
- A nationally-accredited program - MultiCare Allenmore Hospital and MultiCare Center for Weight Loss & Wellness are now nationally accredited as a Comprehensive Center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®).
- Two board-certified surgeons with years of experience in performing bariatric surgery.
- A program coordinator who is a certified bariatric nurse
- An expert support staff
- Multiple opportunities to talk to your surgeon, as well as our staff, before and after surgery
- Free support groups for before and after surgery to help keep you on track, led by MultiCare's Center for Healthy Living
- A personalized, guided plan to lead you up to your surgery and beyond
- An post-surgical care program featuring frequent monthly visits with our dietitians to set patients up for long-term weight loss success
MultiCare's Bariatric Surgery program is the only program that performs weight-loss surgeries in Tacoma, making us the closest bariatric surgery program to Olympia, as well as the Kitsap and Olympic peninsulas.
Medical Weight Loss
Unlike many product-based programs, MultiCare's Medical Weight Loss offers you education and support to empower you to make the changes that you need to in your life. Using a thorough assessment that identifies your key weight-gain factors, our program is truly personalized to you. We offer:
- A researched-based program that doesn't rely on packaged products
- Medical oversight from board-certified bariatricians — doctors who are experts in obesity
- Medical Nutrition Therapists who have specific expertise in weight loss and wellness
- One-on-one support from a dedicated Nutrition Therapist throughout the program
- A specific nutritian and exercise plan based on your health, goals and key factors for weight gain
- Simplified access to other medical and supportive resources as necessary
Make an Appointment
Let us help find the right weight-loss approach for you. Call the MultiCare Center for Weight Loss & Wellness at 253-301-5280 or toll-free at 844-256-7659 to schedule a consultation.