Updated Visitor Policy
To make sure our patients, visitors and staff stay safe while we address the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, MultiCare has established visitor restrictions at our Family Birth Centers starting Tuesday, August 4.
- Each patient may have two healthy support people during labor and delivery. A support person includes: a spouse or partner, a family member, a friend or a certified doula.
- Two hours after delivery, one support person must leave and the other is allowed to stay with the patient for the duration of their hospital stay.
- No children under 17 years of age will be allowed to visit, unless they are a patient, a parent of the baby or a significant other.
- You cannot visit or accompany a patient if you have symptoms or screen positive for COVID-19.
Learn more about what to expect at our Family Birth Centers during this time.
About the Birth Center
The Family Birth Center at MultiCare Auburn Medical Center is a warm and welcoming place for you to have your baby. We offer privacy, comfort and the expertise you need for your delivery and recovery.
Features of our Birth Center include:
- A dozen private rooms, where you'll stay throughout your labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum stay (Unless you need extra medical support)
- Each room includes a window, jetted tub, sofa, two visitor chairs, one rocking chair, a baby warmer and plenty of room for visitors
- Baby stays in the room with mom (unless baby needs extra medical support)
- An Intermediate Care Nursery with 24/7 coverage from board-certified neonatology specialists, if your baby needs more care
- Lactation support to help you successfully breast feed your baby
- Newborn photo services
Take a Virtual Tour
Virtual tours are at a set date and time, but conducted via online video teleconference from the comfort of your own home. A qualified tour guide will show you around, provide the information you need and answer your questions.
Register for a Virtual Birth Center Tour
Out of an abundance of caution and care for our community during the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, MultiCare has decided to cancel onsite Birth Center tours until further notice. Thank you for your understanding. For more information about COVID-19 and tips to keep yourself and others healthy, please visit our information page.
Still have questions?
Contact our OB navigator to schedule a private Birth Center Q&A call.
Save Time and Pre-Register
To pre-register for your upcoming hospital stay, call 253-792-6005 Monday-Friday between 8am-6:30pm.
To register for Childbirth and Family Education classes, call 1-800-342-9919 or click here.