Updated Visitor Policy
To make sure our patients, visitors and staff stay safe while we address the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, MultiCare has established visitor restrictions at our Family Birth Centers starting Tuesday, August 4.
- Each patient may have two healthy support people during labor and delivery. A support person includes: a spouse or partner, a family member, a friend or a certified doula.
- Two hours after delivery, one support person must leave and the other is allowed to stay with the patient for the duration of their hospital stay.
- No children under 17 years of age will be allowed to visit, unless they are a patient, a parent of the baby or a significant other.
- You cannot visit or accompany a patient if you have symptoms or screen positive for COVID-19.
Learn more about what to expect at our Family Birth Centers during this time.
About the Birth Center
The Family Birth Center at MultiCare Covington Medical Center provides a home-like setting and compassionate care to support your vision – whether you have a defined plan or need a trusted advisor to guide the way.
We offer high-touch, low intervention care to support your ideal experience, along with high-tech options to support any unanticipated needs.
Features of our Birth Center include:
- Ten all-new spacious private rooms, where you'll stay throughout your labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum care (Unless you need extra medical support)
- Large windows, a deep soaking jetted tub en-suite, a large sleeper sofa to accommodate an overnight visitor, a rocking chair, and a baby warmer
- Available in-room amenities such as birthing balls and breastfeeding support pillows
- Bassinets for baby to stay in-room with mom (unless baby needs extra medical support)
- A full array of pain management options – from hydrotherapy in deep jetted soaking tubs to nitrous oxide to epidurals
- Access to the MultiCare network of highly-specialized neonatal care, including the South Sound’s only Level IV NICU, with a highly-trained rapid transport team
- Lactation support to help you successfully breast feed your baby
- A dedicated room within the birth center for C-section deliveries, for those who need that option
Now offering nitrous oxide as a new pain management choice.
How to Reach Us
The Family Birth Center at Covington Medical Center can be reached by calling 253-372-6703.
Take a Virtual Tour
Virtual tours are at a set date and time, but conducted via online video teleconference from the comfort of your own home. A qualified tour guide will show you around, provide the information you need and answer your questions.
Register for a Virtual Birth Center Tour
Out of an abundance of caution and care for our community during the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, MultiCare has decided to cancel onsite Birth Center tours until further notice. Thank you for your understanding. For more information about COVID-19 and tips to keep yourself and others healthy, please visit our information page.
Still have questions?
Contact our OB navigator to schedule a private Birth Center Q&A call.
Save Time and Pre-Register
To pre-register for your upcoming hospital stay, call 253-792-6005 Monday-Friday between 8am-6:30pm.
To register for Childbirth and Family Education classes, call 1-800-342-9919 or click here.