The Family Birth Center at MultiCare Covington Medical Center provides a home-like setting and compassionate care to support your vision – whether you have a defined plan or need a trusted advisor to guide the way.
How to Reach Us
The Family Birth Center at Covington Medical Center can be reached by calling 253-372-6703.
About the Birth Center
We offer high-touch, low intervention care to support your ideal experience, along with high-tech options to support any unanticipated needs.
Features of our Birth Center include:
- Ten all-new spacious private rooms, where you'll stay throughout your labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum care (Unless you need extra medical support)
- Large windows, a deep soaking jetted tub en-suite, a large sleeper sofa to accommodate overnight visitors, a rocking chair, a baby warmer and plenty of room for visitors in each room
- Available in-room amenities such as birthing balls and breastfeeding support pillows
- Bassinets for baby to stay in-room with mom (unless baby needs extra medical support)
- A full array of pain management options – from hydrotherapy in deep jetted soaking tubs to epidurals
- Access to the MultiCare network of highly-specialized neonatal care, including the South Sound’s only Level IV NICU, with a highly-trained rapid transport team
- A family-friendly, open visitor policy so friends, family and loved ones can visit whenever you like
- Lactation support to help you successfully breast feed your baby
- A dedicated room within the birth center for C-section deliveries, for those who need that option
Plan a Visit
View the slideshow above to get a glimpse at what our Family Birth Center is like. Then plan your visit to tour the Birth Center in person. The Birth Center at Covington Medical Center offers tours every 3rd weekend of each month on both Saturday and Sunday at 1 pm. Call 253-214-9190 to sign up. Tours can also be arranged by appointment, if patients and their families are unable to attend the monthly date. Please call the Birth Center to schedule at 253-214-9190. Tours last about 45 minutes.