Updated Visitor Policy
To make sure our patients, visitors and staff stay safe while we address the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, MultiCare has established visitor restrictions at our Puget Sound-area Family Birth Centers starting Tuesday, March 10.
- Only one support person will be allowed for each patient per 24-hour period. Others will not be admitted.
- No children under 17 years of age will be allowed to visit, unless they are a patient
- You should not visit or accompany a patient if you or someone close to you has been ill recently
About the Birth Center
The Family Birth Center at MultiCare Covington Medical Center provides a home-like setting and compassionate care to support your vision – whether you have a defined plan or need a trusted advisor to guide the way.
We offer high-touch, low intervention care to support your ideal experience, along with high-tech options to support any unanticipated needs.
Features of our Birth Center include:
- Ten all-new spacious private rooms, where you'll stay throughout your labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum care (Unless you need extra medical support)
- Large windows, a deep soaking jetted tub en-suite, a large sleeper sofa to accommodate an overnight visitor, a rocking chair, and a baby warmer
- Available in-room amenities such as birthing balls and breastfeeding support pillows
- Bassinets for baby to stay in-room with mom (unless baby needs extra medical support)
- A full array of pain management options – from hydrotherapy in deep jetted soaking tubs to nitrous oxide to epidurals
- Access to the MultiCare network of highly-specialized neonatal care, including the South Sound’s only Level IV NICU, with a highly-trained rapid transport team
- Lactation support to help you successfully breast feed your baby
- A dedicated room within the birth center for C-section deliveries, for those who need that option
Now offering nitrous oxide as a new pain management choice.
How to Reach Us
The Family Birth Center at Covington Medical Center can be reached by calling 253-372-6703.
Take a Virtual Tour
View the slideshow above to check out the Birth Center. Check back for video tours in the near future.
Out of an abundance of caution and care for our community during the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, MultiCare has decided to cancel onsite Birth Center tours until further notice. Thank you for your understanding. For more information about COVID-19 and tips to keep yourself and others healthy, please visit our information page.